Here are the steps I took to install SugarCRM CE 6.1 from http://www.sugarforge.org on a 1and1 linux developer package account.
- Start creation of MySQL DB on your 1and1 account since this takes a while.
- Create new URL on 1and1 server and point to directory that will hold SugarCRM.
- Download from http://www.sugarforge.org (An alternative version can be found here http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/download/sugar-suite.html)
- Unzip the downloaded file in your new home directory
- Create a file in the home directory of your site called .htaccess with a single line: AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
- SugarForge documentation can be found here - http://www.sugarforge.org/frs/?group_id=6. Search for the install guide.
- Browse to http://<url>/install.php
- Follow the screens, chose Typical install.
- During the install step, the config.php file is created. Open the config.php file and file the lines that set dir_mode and file_mode. Change their values as follows:
'dir_mode' => 1517,
'file_mode' => 420,
- You may also have to remove the cache directory if the webpage does not display correctly
- There are multiple postings out there on how to get email to work with 1and1 (as well as GoDaddy). Here are the postings I ran across, only the first one worked for me:
SMTP Mail Server: mrelay.perfora.net (NOT smtp.1and1.com)
SMTP Port: 25
Use SMTP Authentication: checked
Enable SMTP over SSL or TLS?: -none-
SMTP Mail Server: smtp.1and1.com
Use SMTP Authentication: Checked Yes
"From" Address: XXXX@XXXX.XX
SMTP Port: 587
Enable SMTP over SSL or TLS? : None
SugarCRM discussion forums can be found here - http://www.sugarforge.org/content/community/. Most of the solutions to the problems I encountered with the 1and1 install were solved on these forums.
Note: The logfile for Sugar problems is called sugarcrm.log in the home directory.
Note: To Setup Crontab Note: In order to run Sugar Schedulers, add the following line to the crontab file:
* * * * * cd /homepages/27/d242477116/htdocs/prolin; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1