While I've been working on a Grails 2.x and jQuery Mobile project for the past couple of years, it's been a while since I created a new project from scratch. Here's a quick cheat sheet of the steps.
Create the Grails project and install the following plug-ins (note I always use Spring Security in my projects):
grails create-app MyJQMapp grails install-plugin joda-time grails install-plugin jquery-mobile grails install-plugin jquery-mobile-scaffolding grails install-plugin spring-security
Setup jQuery Mobile scaffolding templates from the plugin:
grails install-mobile-templates --non-interactive
Setup the Spring Security domains (read the simplified Spring Security with Grails post for more info):
grails s2-quickstart org.example User Role
- Create your domains and customize the just created User, Role and UserRole domains.
- Define users and roles in your BootStrap.groovy
- Generate the controller and view scaffolding based on your domains:
grails generate-all "*"
- Test the app to see where we're at:
- Customize the login view to use jQuery Mobile.
- If you want to use MySQL, Yancy Paredes has a good post on configuring Grails 2 to use MySQL.
- Set up the Spring Security URL Mapping in config.groovy
import grails.plugins.springsecurity.SecurityConfigType ... grails.plugins.springsecurity.securityConfigType = SecurityConfigType.InterceptUrlMap
interceptUrlMap = [ '/login/**' :['IS_AUTHENTICATED_ANONYMOUSLY'], '/**': ['IS_AUTHENTICATED_FULLY'], ]
Hopefully this post has gotten you close to creating a quick jQuery Mobile based Grails up.